hPSCs and their differentiated forms have been expected to dramatically impact the life science industry. However, there were no real commercially viable products for the industry and consumers.
Elixirgen Scientific’s Chief Scientific Advisor’s research at the National Institute on Aging (NIA, NIH) and Keio University identified systematic approaches to establish hPSC differentiation protocols.
Based on the approaches, transcription factor-based differentiation technologies have been developed to switch hPSCs into differentiation mode by activating key genes. This approach does not modify cells’ genetic profile.
The company was founded by Elixirgen, LLC in 2016 to commercialize fast human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) differentiation technologies. They started providing one-week human pluripotent stem cell differentiation reagent kits and services worldwide in February 2017.
- Elixirgen, LLC-a parental company of Elixirgen Scientific, LLC, received MSCRF grant from 2012 to 2015.
- Dr. Gincel and Dr. Jaishankar of MSCRF introduced them to some key experts to shape our market strategies.
- One of TEDCO’s meetups allowed Elixirgen, LLC to connect with a big life science player.
- The MSCRF Symposium was the best showcase to reach local stem cell researchers for in-depth and follow-up interactions.
- Dr. Gincel’s and Dr. Jaishankar’s relevant network.
- Very unique and highly concentrated stem cell researcher network.